Thursday, February 04, 2010


Rare Species
Originally uploaded by liprap2
I saw this yesterday in the wilds of Carrollton and crept closely and quietly so as not to scuttle the felines of the area and scare off this truly unique species of campaign boosterism. The photograph you see before you is the result.

So far as I know, this is the only one of its kind. If it has a mate somewhere out there, it bodes well for this sign's survival. Otherwise, it will indeed become a vanishing animal.

If there are any others, please let me know. Perhaps if we throw the both of them in a garage together, many smaller signs will appear.

4 comments:

Varg said...

Hilarious!

dsb said...

There's apparently a breeding program for them at 2547 Palmyra Street. Many are now old enough for adoption by interested parties. We have one that's thriving in our front yard.

Cousin Pat said...

Another one lives on Jefferson Davis Parkway.

Dr. Fry said...

Leigh, this is about a link I thought you might want to post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzpTPzdoZ4M
it's a video made by NOLA Recycles 2010 about making sure we get recycling back, whatever administration is elected.
I'm NOT sending this because yours truly is prominently featured. hahaha.
I believe that Perry did endorse the recycling platform. I saw perry signs around.