Thursday, February 11, 2010

In all truthfulness, I'm glad the parades are postponed/cancelled for tonight. Gives me another chance to try to get over my sore throat. It's a pain in the rear being sick during Carnival.

To tide you all over 'til then, I give you my latest post over at Humid City, a day late but most definitely not short in any way. It's pretty long, actually.

And as a person who remembers when there was a parade or two every night the week before Mardi Gras day, I agree with the yaller blogger's tangent on parade scheduling. It would certainly go easier on a friend of mine in the NOPD and his buddies, who've had to work some major amounts of overtime compressed into just a few days.

I also can't get this outta my head:



To think, we coulda schlepped over to Lucy's to eat that night. It would have blown my son's mind even more, which was already blown by seeing Drew Brees atop that Bacchus float.

No comments: