Tuesday, September 02, 2008

THIS JUST IN:

STATEMENT FROM N.O. COUNCIL MEMBERS ARNIE FIELKOW AND STACY HEAD
Fielkow and Head have worked for 24 hours to encourage the administration to allow access to the city earlier.
At a minimum, Orleans should have followed all the other parishes and allowed re-entry as of 6 am Wednesday.While conditions in New Orleans are not good, electricity is not widely available, and health services are seriously depleted, Cms Head and Fielkow believe that people who need to return, particularly small business owners, should be allowed to make decisions for themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, any health professionals ought to have been in Tier Yesterday for reentry into New Orleans.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be checking out some of the rain bands heading here to Oklahoma City, and I will run to any of the four full baths my parents have in their home in the event of a tornado siren blaring. Wish me luck in any of their bathtubs.

1 comment:

racymind said...


As far as I'm concerned, any health professionals ought to have been in Tier Yesterday for reentry into New Orleans


Here in TX, we give out special "Essential Personnel" stickers for hospital badges, and I should be able to get past any roadblock. I can't imagine NOLA blocking anybody with a hospital badge. That would be insane.