Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Look what I found:



Pruitt-Igoe: designed by Minoru Yamasaki. Current status of the site: a "wildlife preserve" of sorts.

And look at what the Book found:



The fight indeed continues, with a nifty comment by Lolis Eric Elie on the disposal of reusable building materials left over from the Lafitte housing development's demolition in today's column.

As for the schools in planning area H, I will have more on them a little later, although I must say that it is one hell of a way to open a flickr account. And, if anybody wants to contribute a score a la Philip Glass, or with a hip-hop beat, or whatever, let me know. Haven't you always wanted to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Update, 3-6: Huh. I had no idea that Godfrey Reggio was born in New Orleans. Thanks, Noos Ladda!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kewl

D-BB said...

Lippy, please stop over and confirm something I said in my recent post. Plus i getting irritated.

Anonymous said...

No idea Godfrey Reggio grew up in New Orleans?

You could have learned that little factoid if you'd have tuned in for the Oscars show.

But that wasn't my point. I just busted out laughing when I came back to this post to read it again and heard the Philip Glass soundtrack. Very nice!