Wednesday, October 03, 2007

All kidding of mine aside about Boulet's political career being toast now that she's posed for a pic with everyone's favorite mime in these parts, Ashley's got some great stuff about his visit to a meet and greet with City Council candidate, Virginia Boulet. Good political analysis in both his post and the comments of a race for the idiot books.

I'm so sorry I'll be missing the candidates' forum, which Maitri told us all about and, once again, AshMo took it and ran with it. Somebody, clone me so's I can attend. Heck, at this point, somebody clone LaToya Cantrell so's she can run.

My sukkah is down. Maybe next year, I can make a case for its boxy design being an example of biblical modernist construction. I can at least get that on the preservationist rolls. God forbid a FEMA trailer ends up on that list...then again, having seen a mobile home in America exhibit at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont one summer, anything's possible in this world. I know, I know, I need to kiss the Bauhaus goodbye.

I leave everyone with this intriguing architorture possibility. Heck, we live right by one of the world's largest ports. Containers are going in and out by ship, freight train, and tractor trailer all the time. Let's fix some of those babies up, huh? Huh? Bet they're not leeching out any chemicals, other than ones that might have been stored in them...

See y'all in a bit...

3 comments:

Kønig Hasemörder said...

sukkah is down

Does this mean the Jews are out of the real estate business till next year?

Michael said...

Project 57 looks a little like the Loftcube...

And, related, sort of--the Baton Rouge newspaper reported today that the GAO said Louisiana should have been given a larger grant for funding a Katrina/Louisiana Cottage pilot project.

Link

Leigh C. said...

Michael, I absolutely agree with that one. More grant money is needed. Folks can't always have the financial wherewithal to purchase their own T-130s.

And Konig, we don't have to symbolically wander in the Sinai desert for forty years until next year.