Saturday, September 12, 2009

click on the image to enlarge
Ohm Sweet Ohm, by Simon Patterson

powered by:

Just contemplating the fundamental interconnectedness of all things and how we try to make some sort of sense or order out of it...which may get me telling my nonsensical fish story - or not.

Suffice it to say, I finished The World That Made New Orleans and am a quarter of the way through Ned Sublette's The Year Before The Flood, and both books are making me want to go back to his monumental Cuba And Its Music again. There's a man who lives by fundamental interconnectedness.

I hope I can make this event at the Mother-In-Law Lounge on the 24th, but it's on a Thursday, in the midst of high holy day choir rehearsals for li'l ol' me. It's not like I'd be missing Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur or anything like that, but it's pretty close. But hey, at least there's a Garden District Book Shop event on the 23rd and this one at Octavia Books on October 10th.

Stay dry. It's a wet day out there.

No comments: