Friday, December 14, 2007

I love the Pixar flick Ratatouille for many reasons. I really don't think it should have been marketed as strictly a kids' movie. It is for everyone. However, I really wish I could get the corny song from the longest Pixar short film yet, Your Friend The Rat, out of my head. The lyrics are hilarious, but the music needs to get out of my brain.

We'll follow you to Mars
Or where you people go
We rats are right there down below.

We've traveled near and far
With swamis, geishas, thugs, and czars
In planes and boats and submarines
We've sailed from Liverpool to Queens
We're even in Qatar
Or wherever you people go
We all adore Francois Truffaut.

Abandon musophobia and embrace the new utopia
Butterflies and puppy dogs
Summer evenings, crispy frogs.

Imagine if you will a world
Where women, rats, and men and children
Live in peace and harmony
We're even holding hands

We're dancing through the streets and singing
Cabaret songs - ooh la la
Now join with us
We'll make a human ratty wonderland.

We'll help you tie your shoes when you don't feel like bending over
And perhaps you'll take that trap from out behind the pantry door.
We'll say, "Bonjour!" and "How's the family?"
When we pass each other on the street
And just like that we won't be strangers anymore.

So here we go to Mars
With our stories intertwined
And although once you tried to kill us,
Now we know that you won't mind
We'll Journey through the stars
And whatever else may be,
We all hate that lousy flea (that lou-syyy fleeea!).

Whew! I feel much better now.

Oh, and check these holiday video classics from Sophmom. If bad holiday videos die hard, funny ones die much, much harder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I just saw Ratatouille as the next in a series of Pixar animation movies I've missed out on in recent years. My favorite: Monsters, Inc.