Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Politically, things down here are weird...which really ain't unusual.

Our walking id of a mayor is backpedaling about his alleged " 'anti-black repopulation of New Orleans' conspiracy" comments. It looks like our governor is caving on embarking on a reelection campaign (Todah rabah, uncle Sheckrastos!) under the weight of the mismanagement of that winding goat path through the Himalayas - i.e., the Road Home program. And folks who live outside of this area still have no clue as to what life is really like down here - how colossal the problems are, how overwhelming it all is.

Hell, I've even read some judgment on the recovery process in New Orleans from somebody located halfway around the world (thanks, Mr Mel - and I'm glad you gave the guy some hell of your own) only to see that the cyclone they're talking about in the post is named after my dad. Nice. It means that, as the daughter of two storms, I must doubly atone, I guess. Fate is sure messed, sometimes. My mom didn't ASK to have her name used in August 2005.

I'm gonna go recover from my son's preschool's field trip to the Botanical Gardens now. More on that another time. One thing about that trip, though...

Let's just say that they have to get outta the school building so that the LEAP test takers can do their thing. Standardized testing rules my son's world, and he's not even taking them yet...

1 comment:

Cousin Pat said...

Blanco's dropping out/losing re-election was assured the moment the "MeeMaw" thing caught on, and she didn't take the name and own it. As in "yeah, I'm Governor MeeMaw, and I'll take a hickory switch to your backside, you don't get that Road Home money flowin,' right the hell now."