Saturday, April 10, 2010

Well, folks, the Southern Republican Leadership Conference is in town, and the response to its presence is also in full swing. I blogged about it a little at Humid City, skeptical that anyone would really show for the second line for health care and education on Friday evening because the French Quarter Festival was also kicking into high gear.

Turns out there were 250-300 souls who came out against Jindal's budget cuts.

I applaud these folks, and I have to give a shout out to New Orleans Indymedia reporter Matt Olson for capturing what is my favorite picture of the event:


More pictures can be seen here and here.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I saw this protest going down Canal although it was REALLY unclear what the march was about. There were signs from health care to UNO to levee protection to denouncing the NOPD. Thanks for giving it context :)