Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My right knee has never been the best since college, when I had to walk innumerable flights of stairs to get anyplace on a campus located on the side of a large hill, but now both of my knees are aching.

I went to pick up my son from his mini-camp, where his counselors were nodding their heads to ballads on the radio and saying which songs reminded them of their bar/bat mitzvahs. "Gee, my bat mitzvah party will always get Soft Cell stuck in my head," I said. After all, the deejay played that music a lot, for some reason.

"Who?" the counselors asked.

Getting old, getting old...

...but not so old I don't know a few tricks.

So save the date: Thursday, November 12, from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, Rising Tide is getting its first beginning blogging class on at the Bridge Lounge, located at 1201 Magazine Street. A few us will be showing longtime readers and commenters how we ended up doing this thing and how you can, too, 'cause there are some astute people out there that we know have a lot to say, but might find the details daunting. We will be there to answer all your questions and to set you up right then and there with your own blog. Laptops are welcome. Registration is free.

Yes, free!

So tell us at the Rising Tide blog if you're coming, ask us some questions or tell us what you'd like to know in the comments, and mark your calendars. It is on.

My next trick: learning the ins and outs of emergency surgery:



I'm not too old to learn that, am I?

1 comment:

saintseester said...

Nah, never too old to learn. I loved Soft Cell. I have an album around here somewhere...