I spent it heading to one last Prospect .1 venue: the Hefler Warehouse welcome center. And now I can't decide what my favorite souvenir of the whole biennial is...
...or perhaps it is the Prospect .1 Music CD I picked up for a reduced price at the welcome center?
Check the tracks:
- Exit To Mystery Street - Paul Sanchez
- Good Neighbor - John Boutte
- Peace, Love, & Understanding - Big Sam's Funky Nation
- Backyard Groove - Kirk Joseph's Backyard Groove
- Dumaine Street Blues - Glen David Andrews and the Lazy Six
- Over In The Glory Land - Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Powell's Place - Shannon Powell
- Don't Be Sure - Paul Sanchez
- Talkin' - Susan Cowsill
- Bah-Duey-Duey - Big Sam's Funky Nation
- Reefer Song - Glen David Andrews and the Lazy Six
- SP - Shannon Powell
- That's Wassup - Kalup Linzy Presents
- Right Foot-Rebirth Got Fire-Feel Like Funkin' It Up - Rebirth Brass Band
And it was a nice way to spend a chilly Friday afternoon.Though I now wish more people would get to spend time walking through this:
Takashi Horisaki's Social Dress New Orleans - latex and cheesecloth castings of the walls of 1941 Caffin Avenue 730 days after the flood. It was like walking through the remnants of a living, breathing entity, now departed.