Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ohh, boy.

I just got insanely inspired.

I never shoulda read the comment thread to this post in the first place. It must be Mardi Gras getting me going or something. Problem is, when I hear wusses like AshMo and Obamoyster standing up for the home team like they do and then lamenting that they can't go due to babysitting problems...well...just check my offer:

All RIGHT, dudes. Bring the kids on over to Camp Chez Liprap when you head to a Hornets game. Lemme know WELL AHEAD of time.

The only thing I ask for in return is two season tix.

Am I out of line? Out of my head? Have I just unleashed a potential Blogger Spawn Hoe-Down (as G-Bitch would call it)/Blogger Pilgrimage To The Arena sans Kiddies?

Only time will tell. Get back to me, fellas...

And, if this thing DOES get bigger (like, say, Mr Clio decides to take advantage with his brood), I will need volunteers for assistance with the young 'uns. Compensation for the volunteers to be named later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hay-sus. Call me for backup.

D-BB said...

Hey Lippy, long time no see.

Let me tell you all something. Anyone who has never been to an NBA game is really missing out. It is so much more fun then watching football. The closer you can get the better. I was at the Dome when the then New Orleans Jazz went into double overtime and I think it was against the Knicks. There was like 4 seconds to go, the Jazz were down by 1, all the Knicks had to do was get the ball in bounds and run off the 4 seconds. Walt Frazier tried to get it in, Maravich jumps in front of a Knick player steals the ball, the clock was counting down, it was a Maravich with 4 Knicks on his heals, Maravich driving to the basket, the crowd is going mad, Maravich in for the lay up……IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD! IT'S GOOD! THE JAZZ WIN! THE JAZZ WIN! AND THE FRIES ARE FREE AT BURGER FREKIN’ KING!

Well, it went something like that.

Leigh C. said...

D-BB: Suh-weeeet! The free fries from the BK if the Jazz won reminds me of when the Zephyrs would guarantee free cheese fries at O-Henry's if they got seven runs and won the game. At six runs, the "Cheese Fries!" cheer would rock the house.

And Maitri, I'm thinkin' if you help, we could score some tickets to a future game for you and D. Just a thought.

Charlotte Hamrick said...

I was never a basketball fan until I went to my nephew's high school games.....it so is a cool sport!

You can count me in as assistant baby-sitter.....but consider I have no kids so I'm a novice!

Anonymous said...

I'll babysit for beer. :D

Leigh C. said...

You can have the beer AFTERWARDS, Soph....

Okay, maybe ONE to help deal with the kiddies...but NOTHING else 'til after they've left.

Anonymous said...

I think my comment got eaten by the internets.

Have you hit the Mardi Gras booze?!?! Lordy!